Online Theory – Approximately 3 hours should be allocated (depending on pace)
In-salon Practical Session – Timetable will be provided on application
Students must complete the online theory BEFORE attending the in-salon practical.
Failure to do so will result in students being turned away on the day and to return on the next date available.
Prior to face to face in-salon training you will receive access to a learning portal to complete the following:
- Health & Safety
- Client Consultation and managing expectations
- Theory of the techniques
The in-salon, face to face practical session will cover:
- Freehand hair colouring using Signature Sectioning and Painting Patterns (Cloud, C,Y,W,V methods)
- Selecting Tools and Equipment
- Colour Melting
- Baby Lights / Microlights
- Colour Contouring
- Trouble Shooting and Problem Solving
- Students must be at least 18 years of age to attend
- You will receive a welcome email from JH Ravrani Academy within 48 hours of purchasing your training. The email will explain how to access the online learning portal and complete the online training before attending the in-salon practical. Students MUST complete the online learning before attending the in-salon course module. If the online training has not been completed prior to arrival for the in-salon practical, training cannot be completed and arrangements will have to be made to attend on another date.
- Students will continue to have access to the online learning portal for 1 year
- Upon completion students will receive an accredited E-certificate
- 4 CPD hours & 4 CPD points
- The course is open to those qualified to NVQ/VRQ level 2 or equivalent, or those that have 2 or more years colouring experience. Ideal for those who have completed the Essential Colour skills or Colour Correction course who want to progress their hair colouring skills.
Approved For Insurance by:
- The Guild of Beauty Therapists
- Towergate Insurance
Equipment required for in-salon practical training
- 14-16 inch colour responsive training head, combs, brushes and hairdryer
- All other products and equipment are supplied for the duration of the course by JH Ravrani Academy
- Please bring 1 x electronic device (iPad/laptop & smartphone) fully charged, with suitable data allowance to enable access to the online portal to download an E-Certificate
- Hair sectioning techniques
- Principles of colour
- Understanding colour charts
- Types of colour products
- Full head tint application
- Root tint application
- Foil high light & Low light
- Weaving & Slicing techniques
- Bleaching hair
- Basic colour correction
- After care advice
Online Theory Module
Students will be sent login details to access our Online Student Portal as soon as a booking is processed. Students will be guided through the selected online course to explain what is required at each stage. Students are required to work through the comprehensive study materials online at their own pace; including video tutorials and multiple choice tests to help demonstrate understanding. Students are required to achieve a minimum of 70% to pass each online theory test, but can retake tests as many times as needed. On completion students will receive a theory CPD Accreditted certificate, which will be available to download.