Realise the potential of adding ‘barber style’ services to your work. This course shows you how simple and easy adding barbering
techniques are and how to maximise earning potential.
Equipment Needed: Please bring your working scissors, combs, dryer, basic styling kit and a short hair training head. Live models are optional and may be used. Model 1 at 12pm and model 2 at 1.30pm. You may choose any combination of live models and training heads (models must be male, 18+ with 3.5cm of hair). Please bring a fully charged laptop, tablet or smartphone so you can access your online portal and receive your certificate.
Important Info: Students must be 18+. You will receive a Welcome Email from JH Ravrani Academy within 48 hours of purchasing your course. This will explain how to access the online portal and complete the online part of the course. Open to students who want to explore barber style techniques and are qualified to NVQ/VRQ Level 2 or equivalent .
Online Theory – Approximately 2 hours depending on pace
In-salon Practical Session – 10am-3pm
You must complete the online theory before you attend the in-store practical. Failure to do so will mean you will be turned away on the day and will have to come back on the next date available.
Key Features: Prior to face to face in-salon training you will receive access to your learning portal to complete the following:
- Health and Safety
- Client consultation / head face shape
- Overview on Barbering treatment options
The In-salon face to face practical session will cover:
- Demonstration from the educator
- Hands on practical workshop on training head/ or live models x 2 hair cuts
- Using clippers & scissors for blending.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age to attend
- Open to students who want to explore barber style techniques and are qualified to NVQ/VRQ Level 2 or equivalent .
- You will receive a Welcome Email from JH Ravrani Academy within 48 hours of purchasing your training. The email will explain how you can access the online learning portal and complete your online training before you come to do your in-store practical. You MUST complete your online learning before attending the in-store part of the course. If you haven’t completed your online learning when you arrive for your in-store practical you won’t be able to complete the training and will have to attend another date.
- You will continue to have access to the online learning portal for 1 year
- Upon completion you will receive an accredited E-certificate
- 4 CPD hours
- This course is open to hairdressers that have an NVQ /VRQ level 2 or equivalent who want to explore barber style techniques to use in their work.
Approved For Insurance
- The Guild of Beauty Therapists
- Towergate Insurance
What is needed for the instore practical training
- Please bring along working scissors you are comfortable using, combs, dryer, and basic styling kit.
- A short hair training head for use on the day. Live models are optional and may be used. Model 1 at 12pm and model 2 at 1.30pm you may choose any combination of live models and training heads (models must be males 18+ with 3.5cms of hair) models arrival times are, 12.00 and 13.30.
- Please bring 1 x electronic devices (iPad/laptop & smartphone) fully charged with data to be able to access your online portal to get your E-Certificate.
- Lesson 1 and 2
- Health and Safety Laws
- Lesson 3
- Sterilising Equipment & Therapist Appearance
- Lesson 4
- Anatomy & Physiology: The Skin and Structure of the Hair
- Lesson 5
- Scissors over Comb Step by Step Guide
- Lesson 6
- Cut Hair using Barbering Techniques
- Lesson 7
- Hair Characteristics and Classifications
- Lesson 8
- Types of Razors & Products
- Lesson 9
- Treatment and Tools
- Lesson 10
- Advance cutting Techniques: Step by Step Guide
- Lesson 11
- Barbering: Skin Fade
- Lesson 12
- Barbering: Beard Trim
- Lesson 13
- Parallel Layers (Male) Step by Step Guide
- Lesson 14
- Barbering: Wet Shave