This course will focus on basic colour correction applications
Online theory – Approximately 3 hours should be allocated (depending on pace)
In-salon Practical Session – 9am – 5pm (times may be subject to change)
Students must complete the online theory BEFORE attending the in-salon practical.
Failure to do so will result in students being turned away on the day and asked to return on the next date available.
Prior to face to face in-salon training you will receive access to a learning portal to complete the following:
- Health & Safety
- Client Consultation and managing expectations
- Theory of the techniques
The in-salon, face to face practical session will cover:
- Demonstration from educator
- Hands on practical workshop using training head and guided step by step by educator
The theory module will take place in the morning, students will break for lunch, followed by the practical module.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age to attend
- The course is open to those qualified to NVQ/VRQ level 2 or equivalent. Also suitable for industry professionals who have 2 or more years hair colouring experience, or anyone who has completed another JH Ravarani Academy Hair Colouring Day Course.
- You will receive a welcome email from JH Ravrani Academy within 48 hours of purchasing your training. The email will explain how to access the online learning portal and complete the online training before attending the in-salon practical. Students MUST complete the online learning before attending the in-salon course module. If the online training has not been completed prior to arrival for the in-salon practical, training cannot be completed and arrangements will have to be made to attend on another date.
- Students will continue to have access to the online learning portal for 1 year
- Upon completion students will receive an accredited E-certificate
- 4 CPD hours & 4 CPD points.
Approved For Insurance by:
- The Guild of Beauty Therapists
- Towergate Insurance
Equipment required for in-salon practical training
- 14-16 inch colour responsive training head, combs, brushes and hairdryer (kit can be provided on request)
- All other products and equipment are supplied for the duration of the course by JH Ravrani Academy
- Please bring 1 x electronic device (iPad/laptop & smartphone) fully charged, with suitable data allowance to enable access to the online portal to download an E-Certificate
- Selecting tools and equipment
- Colour correction techniques
- Communication skills
- Consultation skills (discovering exactly what result the client is expecting)
- Toning/Root smudging
- Understanding colour charts
- Understanding hair ‘undertones’
- Understanding the ‘Lightening Curve’
- Understanding the colour wheel
Online Theory Module
Students will be sent login details to access our Online Student Portal as soon as a booking is processed. Students will be guided through the selected online course to explain what is required at each stage. Students are required to work through the comprehensive study materials online at their own pace; including video tutorials and multiple choice tests to help demonstrate understanding. Students are required to achieve a minimum of 70% to pass each online theory test, but can retake tests as many times as needed. On completion students will receive a theory CPD Accredited certificate, which will be available to download.